MESSAGE FROM ARCHISCALE
Hi all final made a good start.
refer to Ground floor plans, Before I go too far with the 1st floor can you confirm if your happy with location of the stairs and any changes .
Note , The overall plan works will need a dispensation for the front setback, as porch will encroach.
Feel free if you want to catch up.
If you want to add your brief as a PDF or Word Doc, File upload it here
TYPE YOUR BRIEF OR MESSAGE BELOW
Continue the conversation and don't delete the last post, if you make an error refresh page before submitting.
ADD TODAYS DATE
ADD TODAYS DATE BEFORE SUBMITTING
Your content has been submitted
1. Prayer room must be on the ground floor in the north-east direction where we must face in the east direction while praying.
2. Prayer room wall, ceiling or floor must not be shared with any toilet or bathroom wall.
3. Orientation of the house is very important for energy efficiency.
4. Kitchen must be in the south-east direction where we must face in the south-east direction while cooking. The sink should not be
directly opposite to the gas range and ideally should face north.
5. Master bedroom must be in the south-west direction where the bed's back should be touching the south-west wall.
6. There should be no toilet or bathroom over the cooking area in the kitchen.
7. Back of the house must utilize its view to its potential.
8. There will be 4 bedrooms on the first floor where all 4 bedrooms should be in 4 corners of the house to maintain privacy of each room.
9. The house should be on elevated ground from the front.
10. All bedrooms on first floor must contain a study shelve wherever possible.
11. Garage door needs be connected to mudroom and laundry.
12. All bedrooms must have walk-in robes.
13. Master bedroom will have a large walk-in robe (as big as a room).
14. It should be a smart house.
15. We will have a shoes free house; hence the mudroom needs to have enough space to accommodate around 200 pairs of shoes.
16. The floor plan should be in a way, where each floor access can be closed down separatly if needed (specifically the lower ground floor).
Important elements in floor plan
The floor plan ideally needs to accommodate 5 or 6 bedrooms with walk-in robes, 5 bathrooms, 2 powder rooms, 1 formal living and 3 family living area (1 on each floor), double kitchen with walk-in pantry, 1 dinning and 1 breakfast nook, 1 study, 1 art n craft room, 1 prayer room, double garage, 1 mudroom n laundry, 2 store room (1 on lower ground and 1 on first floor), 1 linen closet, water pool/spa with shower area, kids indoor play area, gym, home theatre, 2 bars (1 wet and 1 dry), balcony/alfresco on each level, elevator and double foyer.
1. The house should have transitional design feel and organic elements to it.
2. Foyer should have double ceiling with very grand feeling to it.
3. Picture frame wall moulding in the main foyer.
4. Doors and windows should be proportionate to the high ceiling.
5. Ground floor may have 3.5 meter ceiling whereas first floors can have 3 meter ceiling. Lower ground ceiling height can be
6. Ground floor balcony can be closed when it gets too windy or cold while still maintaining the view.
7. We really wish for the heating/cooling vents to be in the floor and not in the ceiling. There will refrigerate cooling in the house with
split AC in master bedroom, Gia’s bedroom, and family living area.
8. Minimum measurement of the guest bedrooms should be 3.95m*4.71m
9. There will be a balcony attached to the master bedroom and Gia’s bedroom on the first floor.
10. The ground floor should have double ceiling wherever possible to reduce total floor area.
11. The main study and craft room should be on ground floor.
12. There will be TV in only the main family living area and master bedroom.
13. The dinning will also have a dry bar and cutlery storage.
14. Water feature/indoor-outdoor garden can be introduced for the middle house to continue feeling connected to nature.
15. The front of the house should have a boundary railing.
16. We would like a double foyer. The first foyer can be small with a place to sit and take-off shoes and put them away. The second
foyer will be the main foyer with the stairs going up to the first floor. The main foyer will have cubboard space to hang guest's coats/jackets.
17. We would love to have French doors for the entry and then another set of glass door to enter the main foyer.
18. There should be an arched doorway to enter the main house from the main foyer.
Lower Ground Floor:
19. Lower GF should have a very dark n moody feel to it like a nightclub where light is used in interesting ways. On the lower ground floor, we would like to fit in the following:
Ø Large wet bar with an island
Ø Pool table
Ø Indoor water pool plus spa with shower area
Ø Powder room
Ø Place for rainwater tanks
Ø Indoor sitting area
Ø Kids play area
Ø Exercise area/Gym
Ø Large Storeroom
Ø Home Theatre room
Ø Outdoor, we would love to have a barbeque area, storage, dinning/sitting area and wood burning fireplace which can be seen from the pool.
Wet Bar will need to accommodate a small sink, dishwasher, space to store plate, cutlery, glasses and disposables. An icemaker, bin, microwave, kettle, fridge, bottle display wall and bottle storage.
20. There will be 2 functional kitchens. One will be the front kitchen and there will be another as butler’s kitchen with a walk-in pantry.
21. Fridge and a large double sink will be the part of the walk-in pantry.
22. Breakfast nook should also be a part of the butler’s kitchen/pantry area.
23. Upper cabinets in the front kitchen should appear to be ceiling height.
24. For natural ventilation, all toilets should be on the exterior walls of the house wherever possible.
25. All toilets should have doors if possible.
26. There will be only 2 bathtubs in the house, and both will be on the first floor. They will be situated in Master bathroom and Gia's bathroom which will be in the back of the house to have serenity views. The master bathroom tub should have an uninterrupted view of the hills and view of the fireplace (the fireplace will be in the master bedroom and will be 2 way).
27. Bathrooms with tub should be part of a wet area (wet area will include shower and tub).
28. There will be 2 powder rooms (one on ground floor and another on lower ground).
29. Hedge free access to shower with a slope which will make cleaning easy.
30. The ground floor could have 2 bedrooms with jack and jill bathroom.
31. There should be a inbuilt space to sit in the shower and each shower should have tall n long niche to keep toiletries.
32. There will be 2 indoor two-way electric fireplaces. One in formal living which will be shared by family leaving. The other will be in master bedroom which will be shared by master bathroom.
33. There will be 2 outdoor fireplaces in lower ground and ground floor balcony. Ground floor fireplace can be gas fireplace whereas lower ground floor alfresco fireplace should be wood burning if possible.
1. Fit in an island/bench in the laundry/mudroom.
2. Curved staircase at the foyer
3. Double kitchen island
4. His and Her separate walk-in robe
Lets flip the front home and do 1 bedroom on ground floor.
I have just looked at the plans and I feel like you have not read my breaf.
Under 'Must Have', I have highlighed the parts of the breaf that is non negociable.
The first 2 most important points I have there are:
> Prayer room must be on the ground floor in the north-east direction where we must face in the east direction while praying.
> Prayer room wall, ceiling or floor must not be shared with any toilet or bathroom wall.
I would also like to add that the Payer room can't be under stairs too.
Also, in order for me to decide on any plans, I need to know how much space we will require to leave on both side of the house, given if we have garage on right or left? Cos we don't want to waste too much space.
I also need to know how wide and long the foyer is going to be with and without staircase?
Also, can you please advise how wide you recon the back bacony will be of the ground floor cos I think we might be able to push it out on one side to make either breakfast nook, dinning or study?
I am uploading some sketches to show you what I mean.
I also want to request of you can try to fit in a second foyer on the drawing.
I have just uploaded the reviewed floorplan and here is a breaf on the changes I have marked:
1. The foyer stairs are pushed back a lot. I want the foyer to be closed with a set of glass arched door to enter the main house area. Also, the stairs are too cured. I want the stairs to be stright with with a curved end to it. Please see the inspirational pics I have uploaded in image galary.
2. In the guest bedroom, the walk in robe looks too big. So lets use that for guest coat hanging at the foyer. Also, I need a door at the toilet. The basin will be single. And I have moved the prayer room wall inwards too cos it was touching the shower wall.
3. The powder room door should be in th front and not on the side.
4. I have moved the study at the back as a open room next to family living area. This allows us to have formal living and dinning together.
5. There will be another set of glass arched doors saperating family living and formal living.
Thank you for the making all the changes.
I need few meaturements please:
1) Measturement of the pantry, butlers pntry and main kitchen length and width space between counters (so excluding the counter space). I just want to check if we have enough room for 2 people to work in there?
2) Also, can we increase the width of the guest bathroon by half a meter?
3) Also, why are we leaving such a big balcony on the first floor?
Your content has been submitted